Activities by Non-governmental Organisations and Political Foundations
In addition to bilateral governmental cooperation, there is a large number of programmes run by non-governmental players such as churches, political foundations, NGOs or private initiatives. The German Government regards the contributions of these organisations as an important complement to governmental development cooperation and supports them financially.
Political foundations with offices in Namibia
Political foundations with offices in Namibia are
- Friedrich Ebert Foundation
- Konrad Adenauer Foundation
- Hanns Seidel Foundation
The Friedrich Naumann Foundation, the Heinrich Böll Foundation as well as the Rosa Luxemburg Foundation operate in Namibia from South Africa.
- Brot für die Welt (Bread for the World)
- Evangelischer Entwicklungsdienst - EED (Church Development Service)
- Johanniter Orden (Order of St. John)
Private institutions/sponsors (selection):